SET UP INSTRUCTIONS at Norfolk Scope Arena VA
We are glad that you have decided to join us for India Fest 2012. Following guidelines are designed to make your setup process go smooth.
- The Venue will open at 7:00 am on Saturday.
- Setup time is 7:00 am- 10:00 am
- All booths and displays must be setup by 10:30 am
- All booths will be assigned by the organizers
- Change of location on the date is not possible.
- Each booth consists of 2 chairs. Please request additional chairs during registration in the description field. No new request will be entertained during the day of the event.
- Orientation of tables cannot be changed
- Power outlets if needed, must be requested during registration. SCOPE will not allow or facilitate any power connection without prepayment.
- Vendors are requested to bring their own extension cords.
- Vendors are required to sign the contract and pay the fee before Sept. 1,2012
- Please bring all decoration items and supplies (i.e.: thumb tacks, tapes, backdrop etc.)
- Each booth will have a sign identifying the location for each vendor.
- All booths must be cleared by 9:00 pm.
LOAD IN AND LOAD OUT:The entrance to the Scope loading dock is located at the corner of Brambleton Avenue and Monticello Ave. Please check in with the guard at the bottom of the ramp before proceeding into the Exhibition Hall to unload.
There will be a second staff person inside the Exhibition Hall to assist with parking your car to unload. Please unload all of your merchandise immediately upon arrival. There is limited space and limited time available for load in.
Merchandise Vendors: You not leave their vehicle(s) in the Exhibition Hall or loading dock. You must exit the loading dock and park in a city parking lot or garage. There is a fee of $5.00 per space.
Food Vendors: Those located inside the arena will be allowed to leave 1 vehicle inside Exhibition Hall B and will be allowed to leave and reenter as many times as necessary during the day.
Load out will not begin until all Patrons have exited the facility.
ELECTRICAL NEEDS: Electrical outlets are located at every column and against the back wall. Please bring your own extension cords. If cords are stretched across an area where guests will be walking, or in the path of an emergency exit then the cord must be taped down. Please notify the Scope Event Coordinator for assistance with this.
FIRE PREVENTION: Norfolk Scope is a non-smoking facility. The use of candles, torches, or any other flame device is prohibited. Cooking with open flame is prohibited. Use of propane is expressively prohibited. Combustible materials such as straw, wood chips, mulch, and dry corn stalks used in the exhibits must be flameproof. All exhibits and displays are subject to inspection for safety by the designated SCOPE staff and the City of Norfolk Fire Marshall. Smoking is only permitted outside the St. Paul’s emergency exit door at the top of the stairs.
SIGNS & BANNERS:Banners may be hung from the front of your table or on the pipe behind your booth. Only “painter’s” style blue tape is permitted to be used to tape signs or banners to walls. If any wall or column is damaged there will be a fee added on to the Show Promoter’s final invoice
TRASH:Trash cans are located throughout the facility. Scope staff will empty those trash cans throughout the day. Any boxes or trash too large for the trash cans must be taken by the Vendor to the Scope dumpster. Doors will not open to the public until aisle ways are clear of any trash.
SERVICE ANIMALS:Only Service Animals are permitted inside the facility at any time.
SECURITY & MEDICAL:A Police Officer and Paramedic will be available during the event day if needed. Please notify a Scope staff member if you need medical or security assistance.
Disclaimer: INDIA FEST VENDOR COMMITTEE reserves the right to change, cancel, revise any vendor booth configuration, paid or unpaid registration at any point of time with or without prior information.